How was your first full week of 2013? I am fueled by all the excitement and energy that’s buzzing around. I’ve had a wonderful yet challenging week. My heart is so full of hope for the girls I’ve been mentoring and I thank you all for your prayers. I know it’s making a difference! Some day, I will share more details with you, but for now I wish to protect them. I have become a surrogate mama and I’m grateful to have the opportunity to speak life into a child who needs it. I have learned many valuable lessons from this experience, but one of the most important is that the power of our words can alter everything for a person, especially a child. The words we speak over others can create a flourishing life or total destruction. The same goes for how we speak over our own lives as well. I have had to reprogram my messed up thinking from childhood. It’s been a loooong process, but I finally made it to the other side….well, it’s really not the ‘other side’. It’s the course I should have been on all along. My authentic course. Not the one a parent, teacher, grandparent, coach or mentor created for me.
When you were a child, were you told you were smart? beautiful? talented? My dad never said these things to me, in fact he made me feel down right stupid, but thank God my mom reinforced my strengths and made up for my dad’s lack of encouragement and affection. For the record, my dad only did what his own father did to him. I love my dad and we have a much healthier relationship now.
Yep, I’m a late bloomer, but better late than never, right. Now, I am passionate to help others get back on course as well. I hope it encourages you to know– at any given moment– we have the choice to change our course. Be diligent in how you speak to yourself and to others. Choose to speak life not death.
THIS WEEK I WILL…..
- Think before I speak.
- Shower others with compliments. Even strangers.
- Be encouraging instead of critical.
- Stay on my authentic course. (No matter what)
- Tell myself every single day, “Girl, you are beautiful!”
- Forgive those who criticize me. It’s only a projection of their own insecurities.
- Not complain. It puts me in a weak position instead of a powerful one!
- Silence my Negative Nellie. Even if I have to use the duct tape!
- Take a beat and a breath before I let something stupid fly out of my mouth. (We can’t take words back)
- Live with integrity 24/7.
- Embrace my own pace! My personal growth path is an ‘at my own pace’ plan. I will not judge it… no matter how slow it seems compared to others!
Did any of this resonate with you? I would love to hear your comments + thoughts. Tweet it and share this post with your friends too. I appreciate it!
A big pat on the back to all of you who joined in the “Complaint- Free Weekend Challenge” on the Facebook Community. I trust it was an eye-opening experience and raised your awareness in how you speak on a daily basis. By focusing on the blessings in our lives, we unlock the power for even more blessings to flow. Complaining does the opposite and blocks the blessings.
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.