Happy Sunday Sistas!
I was looking back through my old blog posts and decided to re-post these simple tips along with encouraging you all to watch the brilliant little documentary called “Happy”.
It’s playing on Netflix right now and I highly, highly recommend it. It’s one of those ‘go to’ films we need to watch whenever we start to complain about our life. Here’s a sneak peek:
Obviously by now, if you have been following my blog for a while– you know that SOS is not just about finding the perfect shade of lipstick or those killer heels. It’s about the dual approach of feeling your best AND looking your best. Audrey Hepburn said it simply yet eloquently, “The happiest girls are the prettiest girls”. No amount of botox, bronzer, Christian Louboutin’s or curling irons can do what true inner peace, self-love and happiness can do for a gal! Here’s my tips or affirmations for a happy life and I would LOVE to hear one of yours. Please comment and share!
1. Cut the crap…keep it real~
2. You get what you give…you want respect, give respect~
3. Make learning a lifetime pursuit
4. Be present..the past is o-v-e-r~
5. Be flexible & open minded
6. Keep an attitude of gratitude
7. Create a vision board…keep your goals & dreams in plain sight~
8. Words are powerful…be mindful of what you say~
9. Exercise & move your body
10. Learn the power of saying NO
11. Do the right thing and take the high road
12. Giving & helping others is like a natural anti-depressant
13. Always keep believing in yourself no matter the circumstance
14. Do not compare yourself to others
15. Ignore other people’s drama. What you focus on expands~
16. Admire your strengths and embrace your weaknesses
17. Do the thing that scares you! It will instantly banish the fear~
18. Try to put yourself in the other person’s shoes. A different perspective is always a good thing~
19. Prayer is powerful and can be done anytime, anywhere~
20. NEVER GIVE UP!!!
I never get tired of that quote!
What is one of your life tips/quotes/affirmations?
Wishing you a beautifully blessed week ahead and thank you for being part of this Sisterhood.