Hey Sassy Sistas!
I’m sure you are gearing up for July 4th festivities (if you’re in the US) so I want to give you a few reminders for protecting yourself and your kiddos while you’re out by the pool, lake or beach. Please be safe and have a blast!
- Apply sunscreen evenly to all uncovered skin, especially your lips, nose, ears, neck, hands, and feet.
- Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Make sure to apply sunscreen to the top of your head, or wear a hat if you are bald or have thinning hair.
- Reapply every two hours.
- Give babies and children extra care in the sun.
- Apply sunscreen to children older than 6 months every time they go out in the sun regardless of how long.
Sunlight reflecting off sand or water increases exposure to UV radiation and your risk of eye problems.
- When buying shades, look for a label that says 99 to 100 percent UV protection.
- Eyewear should be labeled “sunglasses.” There are tons of fashion glasses out there so make sure they are labeled properly.
- Expensive sunglasses do not ensure greater UV protection.
- People who wear contact lenses that offer UV protection should still wear sunglasses.
- Wraparound sunglasses offer the most protection.
- Children should wear real sunglasses, not toy sunglasses, that are labeled with the UV protection level.
- If you do get burned, apply a cold compress to the effected area followed by a thin layer of hydrocortisone cream.
- Wear clothing, swimwear and hates made of UV protective fabrics.
- Protect hair- especially color treated hair- with UV protective mouse or mist to keep hair from drying out and fading.
- Keep a bottle of hydrating spritzer on hand while outdoors to cool the skin.
- Invest in a cute wide brimmed floppy hat to protect face, shoulders and decollate.
- Wear an SPF 15 or higher lip protector and reapply every few hours.
- Hydrate, hydrate and hydrate some more. Even if you are in the water, your body is perspiring so make sure to drink plenty of fluids.
HAPPY 4th of JULY!
Please share these tips with your friends + family!
Remember we have some great giveaways coming up so make sure to check in on the Facebook Page for updates.