HAPPY SUNDAY SISTAS!
Today is the halfway mark of Dec. Can you believe it? We have 2 more weeks of 2013 and yesterday, I found myself heading down that slippery slope of negative thinking about a few goals I didn’t quite complete this year. When my mind begins heading in the gutter like this- I know it is a signal to check in with myself, get quiet, plug into my Spiritual practice and get refocused on God’s Plan for my life. It’s also productive to read back over your journal to see how far you’ve come. Instead of dwelling on the marks I missed, I began celebrating the marks I hit and hit right in the bullseye! Woop! But, our mind plays tricks on us and we so easily dwell on our shortcomings. If you have been beating yourself up about not fulfilling certain 2013 goals- STOP TODAY!
Start focusing on your triumphs and it will reignite your confidence!
Perhaps you didn’t lose the last 10 pounds of your 30 pound weightloss goal, BUT you paid off that credit card finally. Woop Woop! Celebrate your financial freedom and simply set the 10 pound weightloss goal. Evaluate WHY you didn’t lose those 10 pounds and make adjustments. Did you start slacking with your workout program? Maybe you stopped drinking enough water and started reaching for the sodas again? It is a new day and soon it will be a New Year! Reset the goals you missed and let go of the guilt or shame associated with it!
This week I will….
- Tune out the holiday distractions + get quiet.
- Replay the goals I hit in 2013.
- Reset -with enthusiasm- any goals I missed.
- Stop beating myself up + show myself some love.
- Refuse to allow my mind to slide into the gutter.
- Celebrate every success no matter how small.
- Give myself a clean slate.
- Pray for God’s Will + Purpose to be revealed in my life.
- Let go of the guilt + shame.
- Make adjustments that are realistic + doable.
- Hold my head up high + MAKE MYSELF PROUD!
What 3 affirmations really resonated with you?
Always love hearing your thoughts.
Please like, + share this post with your friends if you think they need the inspiration!
Have a Fabulous Final Few Weeks of 2013.