Happy Sunday Sista,
I think I’ve found the perfect combo of products to give hair volume and staying power! Since moving to a much more humid climate, it’s been a challenge to find the right hair styling products. You know I’m a drugstore diva and the products I’m loving that keep my hair full of body and texture are by Garnier Fructis. I didn’t plan this, but after a few really great hair days recently – I noticed all the products on my bathroom counter were in matching green bottles.
I’m often asked to do a hair tutorial, but for now here is how I style my hair. This is a great system for long hair. Step by step:
- Apply the GF Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk after towel drying.
- Blow dry with large round brush turning head upside down the last few minutes. Gives hair more fullness.
- Set the crown of hair with 4 large velcro rollers.
- Lightly curl ends with 2″ barrel iron spraying each section with the GF Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
- Remove velcro rollers and shake hair upside down running fingers through curls.
- Back comb the crown with teasing comb or brush.
- Spray the GF De-Constructed Texture Tease Dry Touch Finish Spray around the crown & sides of head at the root.
- Lightly spray entire head with the GF Hairspray.
I know this is a lot of work & steps and I only set my hair like this about once a week. (Unless I have a very sweaty workout) In between washes I use the Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo. A hairstylist from my girlfriend’s salon, ERA Salon showed me how to back comb and tease properly with the right type of comb or brush. I found this great set by Goody at Target:
Voila.. End Result!
I leave you with this thought as you prepare for the week ahead…
I captured and shared the photo above on Facebook because in the midst of a wirlwind week (on top of being sick) I was given this gift of such a beautiful, calm & peaceful moment. It was most unexpected in a totally unexpected place. I sat near a window looking out at the gorgeous sunset and realized how blessed I was. I mean, I start each day in prayer and gratitude, but life gets so busy and even down right chaotic. It’s important to find those moments of calm & quiet throughout the busyness of life. Those are my favorite moments and they tend to give me a little ‘fill’er up” to go on with the day.
Don’t allow yourself to run on “E”.