Who’s slacking off from their workouts lately? ME! The chill & drizzle has put a damper on my outdoor power walks and I’m not a big fan of the treadmill. There are chocolate chip cookies in a holiday tin calling my name from the kitchen counter and I’ll be decorating sugar cookies tonight with my bestie and her triplets. Because of all the festivities and lack of motivation to workout, it’s easy to add some holiday fluff so that means we start the new year busting out of our skinny jeans. We don’t have to give in! Being mindful of the amount of sweets we’re eating and making the effort to snack on more fat burning foods will keep us feeling healthy and fit during this time of indulgence! I’ll do more indoor workouts from my playlist on YouTube as well even though it’s easier to curl up on the couch. M O T I V A T E!
Here are 10 fat burning foods to stock up on:
1) Almonds with skins: Reduces cravings and builds muscle.
2) Salmon & Tuna: Fires up fat burning and makes you feel full longer.
3) Peanut Butter: Burns fat and builds muscle.
4) Spinach &Dark Green Veggies: Improves workout recovery, burns fat & fights free radicals.
5) Green tea: Fires up fat burning.
6) Eggs: Builds muscle & burns fat.
7) Grapefruit: Regulates blood sugar and metabolism. Lowers insulin. There’s nothing better than a fresh Ruby Red grapefruit, but my hubby & I also love the Del Monte Sunfresh slices with no added sugar for ease.
8) Chili Peppers & Cayenne Powder: Revs up metabolism.
9) Whole grains (quinoa, brown rice, whole grain cereals): Prevents the body from storing fat in small servings. These Eat Chia Bites are a perfect snack made with quinoa, brown rice & chia. (They will be in the stocking stuffer giveaway!!)
10) Berries: Prevents cravings.
Not only will these foods burn fat, but they will help prevent that lethargic feeling we get from high sugar & high carb holiday treats! Allow yourself to enjoy the season just add in more of these healthy foods to balance things out.
Wishing you a beautifully blessed week ahead!
What are your traditions? Please share!
We’ll announce the SOS Stocking Stuffer Winners on Christmas Eve.