My sister Natalie is embarking on a life-altering mission trip and felt compelled to share her journey and vision with you. I believe you can appreciate the importance on the following subject:
I have the privilege in traveling to Bangladesh in August for close to 3 weeks to work with the beautiful little girls there. This is the most destitute country I will have been to thus far, and with this level of poverty comes a lot of opposing challenge. I have been preparing my heart for what I will be encountering there.
Many of the girls in Bangladesh are victim to being thrown into brothels as young as 8 years old all the way through university age. They are also forced into child marriage for multiple reasons. The country is so destitute that families seem to have no other choice but to “give their daughters away” resulting in one less mouth to feed and to lighten the family’s burden.
A burden these little girls are not. They are smart, capable, dreamers, artists, and full of love.
Below is a short summary of what will be taking place during and after our stay:
▪ We will be working with these girls by fostering the space for their education. I have already been asked to write stories to have translated in Bengali and printed for their entertainment and education.
▪ I will be holding a poetry and creative writing course for the girls who are inclined toward getting their thoughts on paper.
▪ We are providing a well-rounded platform to “tap into” the natural talents and gifts these girls were born with.
▪ We have many other programs already set in motion such as leadership, the arts, and education. All areas will be resourced.
▪ We have partnered with contacts in Bangladesh. We will be working with an established facility there operated by an attorney who has dedicated his life to fighting for human justice there in Bangladesh. If you would like to check out the organization: http://www.speakupforthepoor.org.
Fight for women’s rights
Defend Basic Human Rights
Stop Child Exploitation
You may or may not know that I served as a missionary in my youth. From the age of 13-19 I dedicated my summer months to living abroad. I spent an entire year after high school as an intern helping to facilitate 2,000 teens travel to 14 countries. I was powerfully compelled to be of service to the world. From this early age the heartbeat of the world became my heartbeat. I could feel the pains and injustices and felt that I wanted to help by being a part of the relief.
By grace alone I am writing this email to you to let you know I have been reunited with my first love, to be of service, on a global scale. And this particular cause resonates with my heart deeply.
If this speaks to your heart, I would love for you to have your fingerprint on this trip.
It is important for me that you know I have and am continuing to financially contribute to this trip as well. I will be emailing progress and follow-ups so you can stay “in the know” with the impact you helped make.
If you have any questions or would just like to email me in regard to this trip, I would love to hear from you.
P.S. I would like to introduce you to Sraboni. She is 12 and in 6th grade. She is a little girl I will have the privilege of working with one on one. Her hobby is reading just like me, so we will get along famously.♥
One thought on “BROTHELS OR AN EDUCATION: Help Give These Girls The Right Choice”
Thank you for sharing this!