Happy March! Are you as excited for Spring as I am? The weather has been amazing in Dallas and I’m ready to put away the drab coats and pull out the bright colors. A few days ago, I had the fun opportunity to attend Erika Jayne’s performance. (Thank you again 103.7 KVIL for the VIP treatment) She is one of the newest cast members of Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills and WHOA- talk about a powerhouse! As I was fishing through my closet to find just the right outfit that would be worthy of wearing to a performance by “the pretty mess” herself- I came across a bubblegum pink BCBG dress with the tags still on. Why do I keep bypassing this dress? Is it too bright? Was it out of my color comfort zone? I love pink, but I guess I just haven’t worn it much.
I always encourage you sistas to try new things. It was time to listen to my own advice. Trust me, I tried on several outfits and even showed my hubby trying to get him to convince me to wear anything BUT that hot pink dress. He loved the pink. As I stepped out of my comfort zone, this got me thinking of you and how we should all set some style goals for Spring!
This is the perfect time to take a Saturday and clear the clutter. Go through your closet and make an assessment of the items that need to stay, to be donated and items you need to add. Check out my oldie, but goodie video on closet organization. Often, we buy the same things over and over because we forget what’s in our closet. You don’t need 5 black pencils skirts, Tiff!
Here is an idea of some style goals I want to set. I’ll kickstart it then you adjust to your own personal needs and particular style:
- Only keep items that I absolutely love and that make me feel confident.
- Focus on a fit that flatters and become BFF’s with my tailor.
- Buy fewer Boho chic items this year. (I have enough already!!)
- Purchase more modern & clean items and less embellished.
- Purchase more higher quality items that are investment pieces. It’s ok to allow for a lower end, trendy items to mix it up and help the check book.
- Explore bright colors that I haven’t worn in a while like canary yellow & hot pink.
- Embrace my figure and feel more comfortable wearing body con dresses to emphasize my waist. (Why not? I’ve been working out like a mad woman!)
- Add more camel & cognac like get a lightweight camel coat or trench.
- Check out Rent The Runway.
- Have fun going a bit blonder with the highlights.
Also, as I always mention- please take some time a the beginning of each month to set your intentions. We are shedding the winter blah’s and allowing for the rebirth of new ideas and goals. Grab your journal and get quiet. Think about what you really want. Visualize it. Pray about it. Part of my intentions for this month is to stay at peace no matter what.
Today’s #Tiffirmation Tweet:
Don’t allow anyone or any situation to steal your peace. Stay grounded and don’t get caught up in other’s chaos or drama. Peace = Power.
Wishing you all a stylish & blessed March!
Comment, share or tweet this so your girlfriends can set some style goals too. Maybe find a friend and do this together!