I honor each of you today. Many thoughts have flooded my mind regarding International Women’s Day. Most of these are reposted from last year, but still hold true today:
- My heart is filled with gratitude to my mother for instilling the “you can do anything you dream of” mentality in my sister and I.
- Deep admiration & respect toward my mom for always working hard in her job and even harder at home to create a safe home for us as kids. She never hired a housekeeper and we rarely had a babysitter. She’s 67 and still happily working.
- Deep admiration for my Japanese grandmother, Hannah, for choosing to leave her family and career as a clothing designer to raise her family in America.
- Pride and respect for my multi-talented younger sister who has followed her dreams and remained true to herself while finding her calling. It takes guts to try new things and change careers. She’s one of the gutsiest gals I know! If you’re in LA, make sure to go see her at the Beauty Boutique. Your skin will thank you!
- As a young woman living in the US, I’ve been able to work as an entrepreneur (I began modeling at 14 and started my 1st business at 16 doing graphic art, logos and designing T-shirts for companies), pave my own way and ask for the pay I’m worth all while trying to make a difference. This overwhelms me! Again, I thank my parents for teaching us to fly and supporting all our crazy, but creative ideas.
- I’m more passionate than ever about instilling belief, vision, confidence and positivity in young women to prepare them for a successful future. There are several teenage girls that God has trusted me with mentoring. This has transformed my life probably more than it has theirs.
- This blog is proof that we are blessed as women in the US with the ability to share our voice, ideas and thoughts. Women in many countries are still forced to remain silent.
- I echo the sentiment in an Instagram photo from Marie Forleo (one of my favorite biz mentors) which said, “Ambition is beautiful”. Her caption read, “You were born to create and contribute. Don’t let the noise of the world drown out the work your soul came here to do”. That goes for the boss lady doing the hustle and the stay-at-home mom raising future leaders. You do your thing and do it well!
- I’ve been praying the Prayer Of Jabez (1 Chronicles 4:10) for several years and now- I have been given a larger platform and territory with the Real Housewives of Dallas. My intention is to inspire even more women to go for their dreams and the love they deserve. I have to share our latest commercial promo! Talk about Texas Girlpower..
TAKE A MOMENT TO THINK OF ALL THE WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE WHO HAVE MADE AN IMPACT ON YOU.
Silently say a prayer for them and send them love.
May this love elevate us all to live a higher life and be so filled up that we have enough to give out to other girls and women.
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. www.internationalwomensday.com