Hellooo Sassy Pants!
It’s Monday and here is your official ‘kick-in-the-bootie’ motivation. Usually, I give you a to-do list, but today I’ve got ten things we need to all QUIT doing:
1. QUIT PUTTING YOUR NEEDS/WANTS/DESIRES ON THE BACK BURNER. Women can fall easily in that “martyr mentality” and glorify how much they do for everyone else. There is nothing glorious about sacrificing yourself to the point that you no longer recognize yourself. When we take care of ourselves – we are strong, grounded and equipped to do for others. You want to go on a nature walk? Make it to that yoga class? JUST GO, GIRL.. and quit saying you don’t have time. You’ll be a happier, more peaceful- mom, wife, friend, sister, daughter and co-worker.
2. QUIT BEATING YOURSELF UP. You are not a punching bag. You are a beautiful human being and child of God. We all make mistakes. Forgive yourself, learn the lesson and move on. Take off the gloves and quit reliving it.
3. QUIT HANGING OUT WITH NARCISSISTIC OR NEGATIVE PEOPLE. This seems like a ‘no brainer’ so why do we do it? Life is too short to waste time with people who drain the life out of you or do not value your worth. We all know those people who talk incessantly about themselves and can’t stop long enough to ask you how you’re doing. These people don’t get a lunch invitation from Tiff. Just sayin’. It always shocks me that someone can’t ask three simple words – how are you? Those three words go a long way in my book!
4. QUIT COMPARING YOURSELF TO EVERYONE. You, your gifts & talents, your path, your beauty, your voice & accent, your style, your ism’s, your laugh, your heart – all make up one pretty awesome chick so what’s the point in comparing yourself to anyone. Quit making yourself crazy, girl.
5. QUIT TRYING TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF. Your true friends ‘get’ you and who cares what your haters think. When I moved to Dallas, where most women are mothers, I found myself trying to explain why my husband and I didn’t have kids. I never realized there could be a prejudice toward childless couples. I would go on & on about how we work with orphans and it’s God’s will for our life and how we briefly tried to get pregnant, but never wholeheartedly wanted to have kids. I got over that quick. If someone has a problem with us because we don’t have kids- that’s their problem, not ours.
6. QUIT TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING APPEAR PERFECT. The Stepford Wife Syndrome is still alive and kickin’. Perfect is boring. Be real… it’s way more interesting. Quit killing yourself trying to keep up appearances. It’s just stupid, really.
7. QUIT PUTTING UP WALLS. We’ve all been hurt by family, friends, boyfriends, spouses, bosses. Allow yourself to heal by forgiving them and moving on. When we put up walls we often sabotage potentially great new relationships. Plus, being bitter, closed off and hardened is not pretty.
8. QUIT STARVING YOURSELF. I’m guilty of running around and not stopping long enough to eat a nutrient rich meal. Busy women either go without or they shove a bag of candy down their throats for the sugar rush. QUIT THIS PLEASE! Love yourself enough to stop and fill your tank with a healthy meal. Depriving our bodies leads to so many other problems from illness to depression.
9. QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST OR TOO FAR IN THE FUTURE. This is part of the human condition we all suffer. It is virtually impossible for most people to be fully present 24/7. It’s important to be conscious of how much we are dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. Catch yourself and stop your thoughts. Be present. Look around you. Listen to your breathing. Take a deep breath and exhale it long and slowly. This will bring you back to the moment. Women do not breathe deep enough.
Do Me A Favor…………Right Now………………Inhale………………Exhale………………..Smile.
10. QUIT COMPLAINING. This really needs no explanation. Just quit it and watch your blessings flow.
Which of these resonated with you the most?
Have a fabulous week!