[Heels DSW / Flared Pants Zara Similar Here / Onyx Cocktail Ring Nordstrom / Oversized Hoop Earrings Nordstrom / Top H&M]
HOW DO YOU SEE YOURSELF TODAY?
HOW DO YOU ENVISION YOUR FUTURE SELF?
DO YOU EVEN HAVE THAT VISION?
One of the 1st topics we tackle when I work with women -once they are ready to hire me and be more intentional about their growth- is to get clear on the vision for their life and the woman they want to become. When I hit rock bottom and started turning my life around, I took some time to craft a personal mission statement. This is a powerful exercise to help you to cut through the static, get your eyes off of what everyone else is doing and get focused on your purpose/mission/destiny.
As a woman thinketh, so is she.
(Really pause for a moment and ponder that. Whatever and whoever you think you are… you will be. Check out this great video by Oprah!)
Nothing lights me up more that seeing a woman finally decide she’s sick + tired of shrinking back and is ready to be her most unapologetically fabulous self. She has felt paralyzed as if her stilettos were stuck in cement and is finally fed up with marinating in her junk. There is nothing more powerful that a woman who has made up her damn mind!
Where are you looking today?
Stop trying to emulate (which is a fancy term for copy) someone else’s vision. I get it, it’s easy to become distracted in our world of perfectly photoshopped Instagram grids. Everyone else’s vision is smack in our face 24/7 and being shoved down our throat. You have the choice what you take a bite of and ingest. We can celebrate someone else’s vision and purpose instead of trying to copy them. You were given your own set of awesome, badass, unique gifts and so was that other gal. Get your own vision, put blinders on, cut the crap and go after it with all your gumption, all your gut, all your grit.
VISION: as the act or power of imagination; mode of seeing or conceiving (love that.. like being pregnant/expectant); unusual discernment or foresight.
FORESIGHT: the ability to predict or the action of predicting what will happen or be needed in the future.
Oh, and remember to breathe and have fun for cryin’ out loud.
Enjoy this process and do what YOU love!
Big thanks to @sarahkatmitch for the fun pics!
There are 2 spots left for the on-camera confidence workshop this Sat! Click HERE to learn more:
I honor each of you today. Many thoughts have flooded my mind regarding International Women’s Day. Most of these are reposted from last year, but still hold true today:
- My heart is filled with gratitude to my mother for instilling the “you can do anything you dream of” mentality in my sister and I.
- Deep admiration & respect toward my mom for always working hard in her job and even harder at home to create a safe home for us as kids. She never hired a housekeeper and we rarely had a babysitter. She’s 67 and still happily working.
- Deep admiration for my Japanese grandmother, Hannah, for choosing to leave her family and career as a clothing designer to raise her family in America.
- Pride and respect for my multi-talented younger sister who has followed her dreams and remained true to herself while finding her calling. It takes guts to try new things and change careers. She’s one of the gutsiest gals I know! If you’re in LA, make sure to go see her at the Beauty Boutique. Your skin will thank you!
- As a young woman living in the US, I’ve been able to work as an entrepreneur (I began modeling at 14 and started my 1st business at 16 doing graphic art, logos and designing T-shirts for companies), pave my own way and ask for the pay I’m worth all while trying to make a difference. This overwhelms me! Again, I thank my parents for teaching us to fly and supporting all our crazy, but creative ideas.
- I’m more passionate than ever about instilling belief, vision, confidence and positivity in young women to prepare them for a successful future. There are several teenage girls that God has trusted me with mentoring. This has transformed my life probably more than it has theirs.
- This blog is proof that we are blessed as women in the US with the ability to share our voice, ideas and thoughts. Women in many countries are still forced to remain silent.
- I echo the sentiment in an Instagram photo from Marie Forleo (one of my favorite biz mentors) which said, “Ambition is beautiful”. Her caption read, “You were born to create and contribute. Don’t let the noise of the world drown out the work your soul came here to do”. That goes for the boss lady doing the hustle and the stay-at-home mom raising future leaders. You do your thing and do it well!
- I’ve been praying the Prayer Of Jabez (1 Chronicles 4:10) for several years and now- I have been given a larger platform and territory with the Real Housewives of Dallas. My intention is to inspire even more women to go for their dreams and the love they deserve. I have to share our latest commercial promo! Talk about Texas Girlpower..
TAKE A MOMENT TO THINK OF ALL THE WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE WHO HAVE MADE AN IMPACT ON YOU.
Silently say a prayer for them and send them love.
May this love elevate us all to live a higher life and be so filled up that we have enough to give out to other girls and women.
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. www.internationalwomensday.com