Hi Powerful Peacocks!
You ready to get your fill of Beauty, Style + Inspiration? This blog post is busting at the seams with it! You may want to grab a pen and paper. Kick back and let the fun begin…
Not being able to SAY NO is a topic that comes up often among us gals. If you don’t have an issue with it- kudos girlfriend! It is definitely something that took me a while to get a handle on and still find it to be a challenge. Grrrr- this tiny little word with those two little letters can have such a kung fu grip on us. We all have so many commitments these days between our families and their commitments, friends, career demands, church, community plus all the extra-curricular activities like small group meetings, team sports, etc. WHEW! I’m worn out just writing all that. Women tend to be “people pleasers” and do not want to let anyone down by not agreeing to help with a task, do a favor or attend an event. It is just a fact that you cannot be productive if you over-commit yourself! By spreading yourself too thin, you will end up jeopardizing your important priorities and ultimately your health and stress level. Take the pressure off yourself and start saying “NO” politely and with love. Here’s 5 tips to help you get started:
- YOUR TIME IS PRECIOUS! Start valuing it by dedicating your time to your priorities. If you don’t have your priorities straight, then start there first!
- PRACTICE SAYING “NO”! Like everything in life, we must practice, practice, practice. Eventually you will be comfortable saying it. I promise.
- BE UNAPOLOGETIC! It is important to be polite, but it’s okay to be firm when you are protecting your time.
- TAKE A BEAT! It is totally acceptable to say, “let me get back to you” or “maybe later”. If it’s a situation that sounds interesting, but you simply do not have the time for it right now- maybe you can rearrange your schedule or fit it in when you have some free time later.
- LET GO OF THE GUILT! Stand your ground and respect your decision for saying no. We tend to feel guilty later, but that serves no purpose. Let it go, you made your mind up and move on.
Do you find saying “NO” difficult? Have you overcome it? Please leave a comment!
HERE’S PART 2 OF KILL THAT SUMMERTIME SHINE:
A few of you have already picked up the Physicians Formula SPF 50 and said you love it! Woohoo!
STYLE TIP FOR THE WEEK:
One of the reasons I love summer so much is that we’re able to rock fun exotic prints that have an international flare plus tropical florals, great woven bags and bright jewelry like that great turquoise piece you picked up in Mexico! I’ll be chatting more about this in an upcoming webisode on MY SUMMER ESSENTIALS. A great Tribal or Navajo print is definitely a MUST ROCK! I’m drooling over this BCBG dress that just came out:
A BIT OF DESSERT WITH A CHERRY ON TOP:
I was asked for my recommendations on books I found helpful along my path of Spiritual growth and healing. There are so many more that this list, but here is a list of books I highly recommend:
- The Bible. The best “self help” book ever.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. I like to read this once a year! It’s not just about financial riches.
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide To Personal Freedom by Miguel Ruiz. 4 simple but profound things to apply to our lives to bring peace, grace and unconditional love.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Learning to live fully present. Another one I re-read yearly.
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. The most brilliant guide to overcoming negative thinking and depression.
- As A Man Thinketh by James Allen. I actually keep this on my nightstand 24/7. It’s all about your thoughts relating to your circumstances.
- The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer. Encourages determination and a never-give-up attitude.
- Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. Steps to living your full potential.
- Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential by Carolyn Myss. Discovering your life purpose.
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron. Helps unlock creativity and the Spiritual connection to it.
Do you have a ‘must read’ book that was life-altering for you? Please share!
*Oolala* SOS is so International!
Welcome aboard you fabulous new sistas from Canada to the UK to Cairo, Egypt to Lithuania to the Philippines and to my hubby’s homeland of Australia!
PLEASE COMMENT ON THE FB PAGE + TELL US WHERE YOU ARE FROM! https://www.facebook.com/sanctuaryofstyle
I will be randomly choosing a winner to send a few of my fave “shine free” products to at the end of the month!