I’m sending some hippie love from the road! After an insanely busy and exciting 8 months, my hubby and I packed up the Jeep and decided to take a road trip. Wide open spaces refuel my soul and unlock any stagnant creativity! When my creativity is stifled, it feels like my life is airing in black & white instead of vivid color. This alerts me that it’s time to STEP OUT! Do something different! Shake things up! What helps unlock your creativity? Walking on the beach, singing, dancing, scuba diving, horseback riding? You may not realize it, but a healthy flow of creativity is something we all need in many areas of our lives…on a daily basis! We may need it on our jobs (web designer, makeup artist, stylist, florist, writer, etc) and to create yummy meals for our families every night and as a way of expressing ourselves with our fashion sense. It is imperative that we all keep our creative juices flowing by GETTING OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONE ON A REGULAR BASIS!
Do you have difficulty getting out of your CZ? Does it make you feel anxious? Do you truly desire to live beyond your CZ, but just as you are about to step out, you shrink back? Do you have one voice in your head saying “GO FOR IT GIRL” and another voice saying “IT’S TOO HARD”? It’s a funny thing, that old comfort zone-– because in the long run, it’s really not that comfortable at all. It becomes a painful and depressing, self-imposed prison! Staying in your CZ will rob you of amazing opportunities, potential relationships, seeing the world and unlocking new passions you may never knew you had!
TAKE THE LIMITS OFF + STEP BEYOND YOUR CZ! Spring, a time of rebirth, is the perfect time to try new things! Here’s a few strategies I remind myself of when I feel like it’s time to make some changes and GO BEYOND!
- THINK BIGGER! If you think small, you achieve little. Huge risk, Huge reward!
- EXPAND YOUR VISION! Look beyond what’s right in front of your face everyday!
- TAKE ON NEW CHALLENGES! This builds confidence and forces you to grow!
- PUSH THE BOUNDARIES! Your CZ isn’t the Great Wall of China. It’s just in your mind and you can do anything you set your mind to!
- KARATE KICK YOUR FEARS! Be like a warrior and kick the crap out of your fears instead of the other way around!
- DON’T LET ANYTHING OR ANYONE STOP YOU! Nuff said.
- TAKE BABY STEPS! This helps you stay grounded. Stepping out can cause you to feel off kilter. Taking it slow will keep you balanced.
- GET OFF THE HAMSTER WHEEL! Being in your CZ can make you feel like you’re going in circles and getting nowhere!
- STOP MAKING EXCUSES! Excuses are useless!
- JUST DO IT! Once you make up your mind to do something, just get out there and do it already!
I would love to hear your 2- cents on this subject!
Do you have specific strategies to help get you out of your CZ?
I loved this! Had to share from Oprah Winfrey: “As you walk into what you fear, know that you already have the enduring power you’re asking for—then say “Thank you,” because you understand your deepest struggle will produce your greatest strength”.
Read more: http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/What-Oprah-Knows-for-Sure-About-Inner-Strength#ixzz1p1ECjzOz
Sharing the beauty+style+inspiration,
P.S. Ok, I’m officially addicted to Pinterest! Wow, talk about an activity to keep the creativity flowing. Follow me: http://pinterest.com/sanctuarystyle