HAPPY SUNDAY SISTAS!
How was your first week of 2014? Were you able to get in some quiet time to set your intentions, goals and/or resolutions? I spent several days working on mine. Remember, it’s great to take your time with this task- even if it takes you a few weeks. I also had an empowering 3 hour ‘mastermind’ meeting with a trusting friend so we could share our goals with each other. This creates accountability and sets you up for success in a bigger way! This also activates creativity in each of you to come up with ideas to help one another achieve these goals.
Are you wondering what it means to set an intention? I believe it’s basically making up your mind what you want. How often do you hem & haw about things? It is so powerful when we get clear, get focused and make up our minds. Then, the real power is in the follow through. I also believe we are setting intentions when we pray and share with God what we want a desired outcome to be. Let’s look at intentions without follow through. How often do we say things like…Oh, I intended to call you…Oh, it was my intention to lose 5 lbs before summer…I’m sorry I hurt your feelings it was not my intent?? It feels pretty crappy, right? Let’s get to following through, shall we?
I see the word intention as a fancy name for GOAL– but, with an added oomph of Spiritual Power behind it. Without intentions for our life, we tend to wander. If you feel like you have lost direction and are wandering through life, here are 5 steps to setting intentions:
- DECIDE. What do you want the outcome to be? It’s as simple as that. Making the decision is a huge first step!
- WRITE IT OUT. Make it official by writing your intentions in your journal or putting up sticky notes in places you can see them on a regular basis. I have sticky notes on the sides of my computer monitor, bathroom mirror and fridge. This is a powerful daily reminder to keep your thoughts going in the right direction.
- SHARE. Find a trusting friend/mentor or group to hold your intentions with you. By sharing your desired outcome with others, you create a “mastermind” of positive thoughts. One of my favorite books is “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill. His definition of a mastermind is– “Coordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.” Make sure to share with those of a like-minded spirit and steer clear of anyone who may try to sabotage your goals or be unsupportive.
- LIVE IT. Act as if your outcome is here NOW! Speak as if it’s here. Your words and actions have a powerful effect so be mindful of what you are doing, thinking and saying. Get committed!
- NEVER GIVE UP. Period.
I know what you are thinking right now– Hey Tiff, so what’s the difference between affirmations and intentions? They are marriage partners, first cousins, Batman + Robin! Affirmations are basically spoken intentions. They are the daily statements we declare over our lives based on our intentions. They help you course correct when you tend to wander. Affirmations and intentions are the power combo to creating the life of your dreams! Add in specific actions, prayer and a vision board then WATCH OUT– you are destined for success!
THIS WEEK I WILL….
- Really think about what I want.
- Make up my mind already.
- Stop hemming + hawing.
- Set intentions for 2014.
- Share my intentions with a trusting friend.
- Join or create a mastermind group.
- Act as if my goals/intentions are here now.
- Step out of fear into faith.
- Open myself to receive success.
- Pray for guidance.
- Claim that I am destined for..and deserve the life of my dreams!
What are your intentions for 2014?
Like, share, tweet, pin this post if you found it inspiring!
REMINDER: I will be taking new mentoring/coaching clients in January. If you are serious about committing and investing in yourself, please take advantage of my offer of COMPLIMENTARY 15 MINUTE SKYPE OR PHONE CONSULTATIONS through Wed, Jan 15th. If you are interested, please feel out the contact form on the SERVICES PAGE. Those who take advantage of this January consultation will receive a 25% discount on all packages or single sessions. *If you are not committed to your personal growth, a coach or mentor will not help you. Again, serious inquiries only!