Over the years, many of you have asked for my hair routine, but I really thought it would be too complicated to film. There’s a method to my madness and I hope this step X step tutorial is easy to follow! Even if you have a bob or lob (long bob) these steps will apply to you. Also, we all have different hair types so you may not need as many products as I do.
STEP 1: Thermal Protectant
STEP 2: Volumizing Product
STEP 3: Blowdry
STEP 4: Set top in velcro rollers
STEP 5: Curl bottom of hair [I’m using the extended XL 1 1/4″ barrel by Hot Tools]
STEP 6: Remove rollers and curl
STEP 7: Break up curls with a texturizing pomade [My favorite is Dear Clark’s Finishing Salve]
Love to hear from you! What video topics would you like to see? We are planning to film new videos through Summer.
Also, we still have the Limited Edition #Tiffirmation Tee’s available so grab one before their gone!
IMPORTANT: I cherish you and am committed to providing info, tips, experience, insight, tools and any resources I find that will help you elevate your life and live in more freedom! Please take a moment to share this post with any of your girlfriends who need a lift in their spirit or with their hair 🙂
HAPPY JULY! Take some time to think about how you want the month to look. We are halfway through 2016 and it’s a great time to look over the goals you set at new years. I wrote in my journal this morning and set some new goals for the month. Highly recommend!
HAPPY 4th OF JULY to my U.S. sistas!
Happy Sunday Sista,
I think I’ve found the perfect combo of products to give hair volume and staying power! Since moving to a much more humid climate, it’s been a challenge to find the right hair styling products. You know I’m a drugstore diva and the products I’m loving that keep my hair full of body and texture are by Garnier Fructis. I didn’t plan this, but after a few really great hair days recently – I noticed all the products on my bathroom counter were in matching green bottles.
I’m often asked to do a hair tutorial, but for now here is how I style my hair. This is a great system for long hair. Step by step:
- Apply the GF Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk after towel drying.
- Blow dry with large round brush turning head upside down the last few minutes. Gives hair more fullness.
- Set the crown of hair with 4 large velcro rollers.
- Lightly curl ends with 2″ barrel iron spraying each section with the GF Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
- Remove velcro rollers and shake hair upside down running fingers through curls.
- Back comb the crown with teasing comb or brush.
- Spray the GF De-Constructed Texture Tease Dry Touch Finish Spray around the crown & sides of head at the root.
- Lightly spray entire head with the GF Hairspray.
I know this is a lot of work & steps and I only set my hair like this about once a week. (Unless I have a very sweaty workout) In between washes I use the Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo. A hairstylist from my girlfriend’s salon, ERA Salon showed me how to back comb and tease properly with the right type of comb or brush. I found this great set by Goody at Target:
Voila.. End Result!
I leave you with this thought as you prepare for the week ahead…
I captured and shared the photo above on Facebook because in the midst of a wirlwind week (on top of being sick) I was given this gift of such a beautiful, calm & peaceful moment. It was most unexpected in a totally unexpected place. I sat near a window looking out at the gorgeous sunset and realized how blessed I was. I mean, I start each day in prayer and gratitude, but life gets so busy and even down right chaotic. It’s important to find those moments of calm & quiet throughout the busyness of life. Those are my favorite moments and they tend to give me a little ‘fill’er up” to go on with the day.
Don’t allow yourself to run on “E”.
Happy Weekend Gorgeous Girls!
WooHoo– today is the first Fall-like day in Dallas with a bit of rain and a cool breeze. Time to pull out a few light sweaters and boots. Along with changing our clothes for Fall, we should change up our makeup and moisturizers. Here are the latest beauty items I’m obsessed with:
The latest e.l.f. Cosmetics eyeshadow palette. Rich colors with 3 shades of green- which is the “IT” color for Fall. Find these palettes at select Target or by the checkout stands at TJ Maxx & Marshall’s for under $5. HOLLA!
I’m wearing a combo of all 3 of the green shades!
My mom loves AVON and just sent me these gorgeous green shades!
I got a lil creative and tried a twist on the French Mani.
Palmer’s Skin Cocoa Butter Formula Therapy Oil is amazing! This Summer, I could deal with the heat in Texas, but the mosquitos drove me nuts. Because I have olive skin, I scar easily even from a big bite so be the end of Summer my legs looked like a war zone. I started researching treatments and remembered using cocoa butter as a kid. This stuff is working fast at fading the scars and it’s making my skin feel so soft. I will be using this through the Winter for sure.
By now, we should all own a can of dry shampoo. I have tried several and this VOLUME EXTEND by Garnier is the bomb. Many of the dry shampoos leave a white powdery film on the hair, but not this one. Perfect for inbetween washes and makes fine hair look fuller.
Remember, this Sunday the 14th we are giving away 3 copies of Susie Augustin’s book!
Click HERE to enter.
Have a beautiful weekend, beautiful.
Love, Tiff xo
Who’s ready for the long holiday weekend? I sure am and this is the perfect time to share my new drugstore steals to help you get your Summer Beauty Regimen started right.
Check it out…
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Deep Conditioner, $1.47 Target
- Treseme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, $4.99 Walgreens
- Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil Spray, $6.29 CVS
- Tree Hut Olive & Shea Hawaiian Kukui Sugar Scrub, $7.99 Target
- Dry Brush with long back handle, $4.49 Target
- Jergens Natural Glow Gradual Tan Moisturizer, $11.99 Target
- Banana Boat Sport SPF Sunscreen, $6.94 Wal Mart
- Sonia Kashuk Yellow Alluriana Fragrance, $19.99 Target
SPECIAL GIVEAWAY FOR BLOG SUBSCRIBERS ONLY
To kick off Summer, I will be giving (2) blog subscribers the following-
1. Two of the products I spoke about in the video OR a gift card to Target. Will be a surprise!
2. Signed Aaron Hendra Project Limited Edition CD, Octobersong.
3. White V-Neck “Alive” T-shirt.
1. Must be a subscriber to this blog.
2. Leave a comment on this post and let us know how you plan to STRUT it this summer.
3. Share this post via Twitter tagging @tiffanyhendra
ENDS FRIDAY, JUNE 6th. WINNERS ANNOUNCED 5:00pm THAT EVENING. GOOD LUCK!
Remember, during the holiday festivities take a moment to send a silent prayer to all the families who have lost a loved one while fighting for our country.
Happy Memorial Weekend. Be safe!