Hi Pretty Poinsettia!
Is the holiday overindulging leaving you with red, puffy eyes and an overall fatigued look?
Because I work in front of the camera and have to look bright-eyed at a moments notice, I have found the following tips give me an instant well rested look even after a night of little sleep, high sodium meals, sugary treats and one glass of wine too many! On top of that, I have hereditary dark circles and puffy eyes (Thanks Daddy). Plus, the use of heaters and all the nasal issues we deal with during the winter can add to the puffy eye problem. The combination of all these tips will give you the appearance of being bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and as if you slept a full 8 hours, I promise!
1. HYDRATE: Drink a large glass of water with juice from half a lemon. This helps with relieving a puffy face and cleanses the body of toxins. I actually down a big glass of lemon water first thing EVERY a.m.
2. NATURAL DIURETIC: Puffiness is due to a build up of fluid under the eye. Eat a bowl a strawberries to flush out water retention. They are loaded with calcium, potassium and arginine which have diuretic properties.
3. TEA BAGS: Chill used tea bags in the fridge and apply to eyes for 10 minutes to reduce swelling. Cold spoons work as well, but aren’t as comfortable.
4. UNDER EYE CREAM WITH CAFFEINE: Look for eye creams and serums with caffeine which shrinks fluid buildup under the eye. I use Garnier anti-dark circle rollerball with tint on days my eyes are extra dark and puffy. The caffeine plus the rollerball help de-puff the under eye area super quick. **I will be giving this tinted rollerball in this week’s stocking stuffer!
5. EGG WHITE MASK: Using approximately 1 teaspoon of an egg white as a facial mask will tighten the skin and shrink swelling and pore size. Wakes up your skin and gives you an instant glow.
6. HIGHLIGHTER IN CORNER OF EYES: Adding a brightening white, beige or peach eyeshadow to the inner corner of the eye adds a youthful look and widens the appearance of the eyes giving a more rested look.
7. VISINE: A ‘must do’ to whitens the eyes.
8. RAISE YOUR HEART RATE: Doing 50 jumping jacks or taking a brisk 15-20 minute walk instantly increases the circulation in the body which adds a flush to the cheeks helping you look more awake.
Plus, if you can get in a few 15 minute power naps here and there during the holidays it will help you get through all the parties and activities and try to stay away from sodium rich foods too.
CANDID VLOG: I share my thoughts on prayer. I would love to hear your comments on the topic!
We’ve only got a few more days left until the final stocking stuffer winner is announced! See you on the Facebook Page.