Hello Beautiful Butterflies,
HONOR: to regard or treat with esteem or RESPECT.
On my powerwalk this morning, I asked God to give me some inspiration for today’s blog post. He answered. Creative and inspired thoughts come to me on my walks and today was extra special because it had to do with my taking time to honor my body with a long walk. It’s been raining for the last few days here in LA so I’ve missed my hikes and walks. The rain stopped long enough for me to throw on my tennis shoes and go on a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood. It felt wonderful– mentally + physically– to honor my body and spirit. I gave to me. I was generous to me. I showed respect to me. I showed love to me. Are you honoring YOU? Are you loving YOU? Are you generous to YOU? Women are so giving + generous to everyone around them and often neglect themselves! If this is you, please understand that you are DISHONORING yourself. For example, you are dishonoring your body if you skip meals, grab junk on the go and never make time to exercise. You are dishonoring yourself by allowing others to manipulate you with toxic behavior. You are dishonoring yourself by ignoring your dreams, plans and desires. In the week ahead, let’s focus on honoring ourselves on every level– mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, in our relationships, in our jobs, etc.
THIS WEEK I WILL….
- Move my body even if it’s just taking a few minutes to stretch daily.
- Realize I am deserving of first class treatment especially from myself.
- Buy myself a bouquet of my favorite flowers.
- Vocalize that my needs are important.
- Release any dishonoring beliefs I have about myself.
- Feed my body with plenty of fresh organic fruits + veggies.
- Take a good look at myself in the mirror and say, I adore you!
- Meditate on those dreams + personal plans I’ve been ignoring.
- Set a hard boundary with that person who’s been manipulating + draining me.
- Get “gussied up” and take myself on a playdate.
- Write a personal mission statement for my life.
Many of us have written mission statements for our businesses, but how about one for you life? This week, grab your journal and write a short + sweet mission statement for YOU. It could go something like this:
I am a wonderful, talented and beautiful person. I have many gifts to share with the world. The world needs my light and I will awaken daily with the intention of shining it. I will make honoring myself a priority so that I have the time, energy and emotional capacity to share my gifts and light. I have healthy boundaries and surround myself with healthy people. I will live with an open heart which gives and receives love freely. I deserve a happy, healthy and successful life. I rock!
A big congrats to our sista Shanel Wilson for winning the first stocking stuffer giveaway last week. We have another fabulous stocking packed with goodies so make sure to check in on the FACEBOOK PAGE during the week! Winner will be announced on Friday.
Please share the SOS affirmations + inspiration with your friends!
Like, tweet, and comment- I love hearing your thoughts!
Thanks for reading!