Top with bodice similar H&M / Faux Leather Pants H&M / Patent Leather Heels DSW
There is nothing that lights me up more than seeing women step out of their comfort zone and use their ladyballs! This past weekend I hosted another ladyboss only on-camera workshop and am still on a happy high. Like every woman, each of the beauties in the photo above has an amazing story and I was honored to experience their vulnerability, heart, humor, wisdom, gifts and talents.
Doing something that scares you is what the true definition of courage is. When you push past the fear and do it anyway, you expand yourself and your abilities. When we shrink back, we stay small. Period. After coaching and hosting workshops since moving to Dallas, I see women revert to their small stance of shoulders rolled forward and hands clenched in front of them. I teach my clients to strike a power pose before any event, speaking engagement or on-camera appearance. Women transform right before my eyes with this exercise!
My challenge and motivation for this week is to be aware of situations that make you want to shrink. Stop, acknowledge it and immediately change up your physicality by doing the Wonder Woman pose and saying positive affirmations over yourself. (I get it.. some of you just can’t seem to wrap your brain around affirmations or think it’s silly, but I promise you- the way you speak to yourself is crucial. I would NOT be where I am today without power words and affirmations!!) Just try it. What could it hurt.
- Take a long deep breath.
- Get grounded and create a wide stance with your legs.
- Pull your shoulders back.
- Hands on hips.
Affirm to yourself that you are capable, strong and courageous. Get a powerful list of “I Am’s”. I am a Warrior Princess! (Who was that.. Zena?) I am a badass! I am intelligent, talented and beautiful! I am a world changer! I am ________________! Leave a comment and fill in the blank.
For some of my clients, doing something fun like flipping their hair, dancing, doing jumping jacks helps them. Whatever it is to shake it up to get out of your head!
Special shout out + thanks to the fabulous Whitney Kutch (stunning blonde making the peace sign) for her help in making this day a total success. Whit- I appreciate your crazy beautiful self, your generous heart to serve and uplift everyone around you! Love you!
Grab that imaginary cape and go slay this week.
Can you believe we are half way through 2017? It’s exciting because we have 6 more months to kick some serious bootie by December. Last year was a challenging time for many of us, but I’m sensing this year is a time of rising above, gaining momentum and moving on.
HOW ABOUT YOU?
Are there a few things on your goal list that you haven’t checked off yet? Are you struggling with a few intentions you’ve set? What is holding you back? Are you making choices out of fear or love? Do you play small?
For the remainder of the year, I challenge us all to be limitless in our thinking and get out of our comfort zone:
- THINK BIGGER! If you think small, you achieve little. Huge risk, Huge reward.
- EXPAND YOUR VISION! Look beyond what’s right in front of your face everyday.
- TAKE ON NEW CHALLENGES! This builds confidence and forces you to grow.
- PUSH THE BOUNDARIES! Your comfort zone isn’t the Great Wall of China. It’s just in your mind and you can do anything you set your mind to.
- KARATE KICK YOUR FEARS! Be like a warrior and kick the crap out of your fears instead of the other way around.
- DON’T LET ANYTHING OR ANYONE STOP YOU! Nuff said.
- TAKE BABY STEPS! This helps you stay grounded. Stepping out can cause you to feel off kilter. Taking it slow will keep you balanced.
- GET OFF THE HAMSTER WHEEL! Being in your comfort zone can make you feel like you’re going in circles and getting nowhere.
- STOP MAKING EXCUSES! Excuses are useless.
- JUST DO IT! Once you make up your mind to do something, just get out there and do it already.
Our thoughts are powerful. We can talk ourselves into, doing or NOT doing, anything. You may say, “I don’t have the money to do this or that or I just don’t have the time”, and trust me- I have used those excuses, but remember, excuses are useless! They serve no purpose except for keeping you from truly enjoying ALL that life has to offer! I have learned to feel comfortable being uncomfortable living outside my comfort zone. Ultimately, it is more uncomfortable for us to stay in the same old, same old.
Group hug and a high five to all of you wise girls who know you are limitless!
P.S. There is one spot available in August for my private on-camera confidence coaching bootcamps. Go here for details. Rates and packages will change in the Fall.