Hey Fabulous Ones!
As we roll into July, I’m sure you have already picked up a new pair of shades to rock for Summer. If not, here are my top three picks for adding instant glam factor and staying on trend even if you’re strutting around in basic tanks & flip flops. This year it’s all about vintage and retro styles:
I. Oversized Old Hollywood Cat Shaped
Maquis Sunglasses by Tory Burch
These aren’t the traditional cat eye, but I just love them with the two-tone acetate butterfly cat-esque shape. So unique!
II. Mirrored Lens
Le Specs “Chesire” at Nordstrom
This pair actually covers three trends – round, transparent and mirrored.
III. Retro Tortoise Print or Anything Graphic
“Quinn” by Michael Kors
Remember, check the UV protection when purchasing sunglasses! Protect your peepers.
What style are you going to try this Summer? This is a good opportunity to try something new! Even on a budget, you can find these options at Target & H&M for under $20.
Get Glam My Gorgeous Girls.
Image Courtesy of DVF
From the BBQ, beach, pool party or vacay, you will be set for Summer with these 25 items! Although the video is a repeat from last year, the items are all still super hot and here’s a list of more current styles I’m loving:
- Panama Hat from J. CREW
- Bendable Floppy Hat by SAN DIEGO HAT CO
- Lightweight Scarf. Love this one at NORDSTROM
- Dangle Earrings. Great selection at TARGET
- Chunky Colorful Beaded Necklace. Great selection at TARGET
- Bangles. TORY BURCH has great styles.
- Crochet Pieces like this beautiful DVF dress.
- Flowy Tanks. Love this tribal print tank from NORDSTROM.
- Denim Chambray Shirt. This one by J. CREW is perfection.
- Maxi Skirt. ANTHROPOLOGIE has beautiful styles.
- Nautical Striped Tube or Tank from H&M
- Caftan or Tunic Swimsuit Cover Up. Great styles at NORDSTROM.
- Solid Color Swimsuit like this one from J. CREW
- Romper. Cute style from MICHAEL KORS
- Maxi Sundress. Lots of cute ones at FOREVER 21
- Bold Floral Prints. Super cute dress by ASOS
- Capri Cargo Pant. Great style at MACY’S
- White Jeans. Love mine from H&M
- Flowy Linen Pant. Chic Palazzo styles at ZARA
- Wristlet. Love the little Gucci styles at NEIMAN MARCUS
- Tribal Print Bag. Love the backpack styles at TARGET
- Brown Leather Belt. Great election at NORDSTROM
- Nude Patent Wedge. These by JIMMY CHOO are gorgeous & timeless.
- High Heel Flip Flops. ALDO has the best selection.
- Sunglasses. Love my new aviators from DVF.
If you live in the DFW area, make sure to get your beautiful bronze UV-free tan at SkinSpaMED. 3 Mystic Tan sessions for ONLY $30. Make sure to check out their laser hair removal services to stay bikini ready all summer!
The 2 winners of the Summer Kickoff Giveaway will be announced Friday Evening, June 6th. You still have time to enter! Details HERE.
STRUT IT ALL SUMMER SISTAS!
Hey My Fellow Fashionistas!
ARE YOU READY TO GET YOUR GLAM ON + AMP UP THE FABULOUS THIS FALL?
Good- let’s cut the small talk and get down to business. You will see several hot trends in the magazines this season and there are a few looks that just do not translate into real life (ummm, yea– those little collared shirts look best on a 3 year old)! So, I have narrowed it down to the TOP 12 STYLES that we can all rock for Fall….
WHAT WILL YOU DEFINITELY ROCK THIS FALL?
The changing of seasons is a perfect time to reevaluate certain aspects of our lives and make the necessary changes to be better than ever, keep balanced and set new goals. If you simply start with clearing the clutter in your closets and drawers you will find that it will help motivate you to de-clutter other areas of your life. (Like setting a firm boundary with that Drama-Queen girlfriend who drains the life out of you)
- There is only 4 more months in 2012, what goals did you set for this year that you have let slide?
- Is there a new workout class, book club or workshop you want to attend? Book it!
- Assess what areas of your life are taking up too much time + energy and distracting you from your priorities.
What areas could use a good deep cleaning in your life?
One fashion goal I am setting this season is to make more of an effort to get ‘dressed up’ for Fall. I become pretty lazy during the summer and tend to live in boring basics and I have lost my “fashion mojo”….I want to get it back! (Life is short so go ahead and wear the red shoes, lipstick or blazer. Be Bold)
What fashion goal will you set this season?
Hey My Fabulous Fashionista Friends!
Who is feeling that magical transition to Pre-Fall? As much as I completely Love (I mean seriously L O V E) summer, I equally love that change in the air as the seasons begin to change. For me, it is always a fun time of year because my birthday is always that final summer celebration and let me tell you– I had an AWESOME birthday and was royally spoiled by family and friends complete with a quick jaunt to Vegas. This leads me to this week’s topic= ENERGY + INTUITION. Now, I truly love getting out of town for a sec no matter where it is, but Vegas is a whole other cup of tea. It’s not my fave place on the planet, but I can seem to find fun wherever! There are people, people and more people in Sin City and I often leave feeling an “energy drain” from the crowds. Do you relate to what I’m talking about? It’s as if someone took a vacuum hose to my gut and sucked out all my positive energy. So I’ve spent the past few days refueling. If you are like me and “feel” other people’s energy and vibes to the point that it drains you- here’s a few tips on transforming the “energy drain” back into a positive feeling and get your vibrancy back! If you are overly “empathetic”, you probably deal with this issue because you are like a SPONGE and absorb people’s energy:
- PROTECT YOURSELF. Before heading into the masses, stop- say a prayer and ask to be shielded with white light from the top of your head down to your tippy toes. Ok, this may sound corny, but God will protect you!
- BE AWARE. Take notice of how you feel in a certain environment and around certain people. Do you crave your “comfort foods” after being exposed to negative people or do you feel like drinking more? This is important to be aware of because we are physically trying to correct an emotional issue. (I have a touch of social anxiety and “feel” peoples energy very quickly so I tend to grab for that extra glass of wine to deal. I don’t recommend it- just being honest)
- RINSE IT OFF. Believe it or not, a hot bath or shower can “cleanse” you of negative energy. Washing away negative energy will release you from “carrying” that energy and keep you sane. Let all the negative energy go right down the drain!
PLEASE comment and let me know if you deal with this and if you have found a great remedy that works for you!
Switching Gears to a Fun Fashion Topic!
I will be taping a few Fall inspired webisodes this week to give you the 411 on the “must have’s” and also the things you can skip! As a self-proclaimed Texas “boot girl”, my fave fave fave thing about Fall is a GREAT BOOT! Just about any style of boot is hot this season. What is YOUR fave type of boot? Wedge, Bootie, Motorcycle, Over-the-Knee?
Remember to join us on the Facebook Page for some fun convo’s!
Here are a few great affirmations for the week ahead posted by our Style Sisters:
- I WILL not put up w/ ANY NEGATIVITY! -Teri
- Feeling like the little engine that could…I WILL be a light. I will be productive. I will give and receive beautiful energy. I will be a blessing. I will honor the divinity within me.-Teia
- I WILL begin each day by being grateful for my many blessings.-Dianna
- I WILL flirt!-Diane
- I WILL never give up and dream big!-Kay
- I WILL start to wake up earlier and give my time to God before I go on with my day as I lack in that area sometimes as well as do something nice for my self at least once a day.-Christina
- I WILL wake up every morning with the thought that something fabulous is about to happen!-Cheryl
- I WILL spend time daily in prayer and turn to God when I need peace instead of distracting myself with things that ultimately don’t matter. -Kari
- I WILL spend more time on me!-Jo
I know too well what it’s like to live a life of low self-esteem and even a shame-based life….this is why I started SOS. ALL women deserve to live the life of their dreams no matter where they started in life…..we can all end up someplace beautiful, successful, powerful, positive and abundant! It doesn’t matter where you start, but with belief + effort we can all end up someplace totally fabulous! Make sure to share SOS with your girlfriends.
Share the Beauty, Style + Inspiration.
THANK YOU FOR JOINING ME!